At Branches we strive to support local nonprofit organizations and causes.The most common way is by donating gift cards for special events.
Our store has a monthly Donations Budget. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret we cannot grant every request. We evaluate applications based on the following guidelines:
1. The recipient must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. A copy of the 501(c)(3) letter from the IRS must accompany the application in order for your request to be considered. This letter comes from the Treasury Department and is different from a state tax-exempt form.
2. The application must be received at least 60 days before the “pick up” date in order to be considered. Applications are reviewed on a first come-first serve basis. Because the Donations Budget is limited, early submission is recommended.
3. The organization must fall into one of the categories Branches supports:
- Reading & Literacy
- Arts and Education
- Local Preservation Causes
- Yosemite National Park Education and Preservation
4. We do not donate to individuals, individuals seeking pledges, multiple requests from the same organization or organizations and/or causes outside of the (store) area. Past support of an organization or an event is not a guarantee of future support.
Please attach any relevant literature. Requests by phone are not accepted.
Although we would like to support every worthwhile cause, due to the volume of applications, it is not possible for Branches Books & Gifts to fulfill every request. Each approved organization is restricted to one donation per year.
Thank you for your interest,
Anne Driscoll, Owner
40044 Highway 49, Suite B-1
Oakhurst, CA 93644
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click HERE for donation request form
We have donated to the following organizations:
Small Business Saturday
Small Business Saturday is a day dedicated to supporting small businesses across the country. Founded by American Express in 2010, this day is celebrated each year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Learn more at ShopSmall.com/About.
Branches Books is a proud Neighborhood Champion. Neighborhood Champions are business associations, state and local chambers of commerce, and other community organizers who are willing to commit to organizing events or activities to rally their neighborhoods for Small Business Saturday.
Where's Waldo Local
Waldo is no longer just hiding in crowds. It turns out, he may hanging out in your neighborhood. If you've ever wondered, "Where's Waldo?", you may actually find him shopping somewhere near you.
Discover some of Pasadena's finest locally owned businesses and help us celebrate the Where's Waldo with this month-long scavenger hunt.
Beginning July 1st, Waldo-spotters will set off on a hunt to find our elusive guy hidden in 15 businesses around Pasadena.
Here's what you do:
• In the month of July, visit the participating Oakhurst businesses to find their Waldo and collect a signature or stamp on your Where’s Waldo passport. Passports will be available at the participating businesses so pick one up at your first stop and take it with you around Oakhurst as you look for Waldo.
• When you collect at least 10 signatures of all of the possible Waldo locations, turn your passport in at Branches Bookstore to get a Waldo button and be entered in a drawing for a 6-book deluxe set of the Waldo books and other great prizes!
• Join us at our Where's Waldo party on Monday, July 31st at 5pm for the prize drawing.
• Check our website on July 1 for a list of participating local businesses.
Independent Bookstore Day
Why are we celebrating independent bookstores?
Independent bookstores are not just stores, they’re community centers and local anchors run by passionate readers. They are entire universes of ideas that contain the possibility of real serendipity. They are lively performance spaces and quiet places where aimless perusal is a day well spent.
In a world of tweets and algorithms and pageless digital downloads, bookstores are not a dying anachronism. They are living, breathing organisms that continue to grow and expand. In fact, there are more of them this year than there were last year. And they are at your service.